HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting
Old 12-09-2003, 05:43 AM
royak
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting

Several years ago I was strapped in it just happened to be the same limb I was on a reall crazy shaped limb you had to see it anyway it was raining when 4 deer came in and I drew and released on one I heard acrack and the limb I was on broke in the position I was in I fell head first about 12 feet it knocked me out when I awoke I was covered in about 6 inches of snow so I was out awhile. I was 7 miles from my camper and on a motorcycle I believe it is the coldest I have ever been in my life I did make it back ok but I had phneumonia and to this day I still get to shaking when I get too cold and have to even stop driving when it happens. Now for the rest of the story when I fell there was a man in a tree about 50yds to my left he was watching me during the whole thing as the deer had started toward him then turned to me I didnt know him I did see my arrow hit the deer seemed to be a perfect shot at 10 feet. Naturally there was no trail due to snow but how could he leave me lying there I will never know. I do know at that time he drove a 77 blue ford truck as I saw him get out of it and go up the tree. I looked for that truck for a long time. All this being said never ever hunt in atree without being strapped in even a few feet up can be deadly and do not strap to the same limb no matter how big.