HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 04:51 AM
PABowhntr
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review

Muzz,

It definitely is a top notch bow and I am surprised you do not have one on order already. ...that and a Liberty too.

The draw cycle on the Cam and a half is smoother than the Versacam in the sense that the bow reaches peak weight sooner during the draw cycle and does not drop off as precipitously into the valley.

As for the drop away rest/cable guard movement issue...I honestly cannot say. I can imagine it being something to seriously consider if you plan on putting a drop-away style rest onto the bow but having not actually installed one on the bow I cannot say for sure. Maybe Len has already had a situation where he had to mount a Muzzy ZE or other drop away onto the Vipertec or Xtec designs.

Thank you for the kind words.

Ausie,

Thank you.

Jeff,

I had considered the XTec and there is one down at the shop should I decide to go that route (plus it actually goes up to a 30.5 inch draw length ). The axle to axle length on it is just a tad higher than what I consider ideal for my shooting style but other than that I think I would be pleased with it as a hunting bow....and most definitely a 3D bow.

Good observation. The Patriot SC has sort of influenced my way of approaching each new bow especially in terms of my overall expectations.

Phil,

I would go on record as saying that the Vipertec actually ranks a bit higher than the Razor and Cyber in some categories. It definitely is a positive refinement of their lineup.