HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting
Old 12-08-2003, 08:41 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting

Well I am sure we all have a locked our keys in a vehicle story but this one is as unlucky as one guy can get. My hunting partner and I were setting off after a change in venue, I got out of the truck with my rifle to relieve myself before heading down the trail, the wind slammed the door of the truck my buddy figuring I did and being the brain fart he is hit the locks and shut the door. Umm ain't that a pickle in the ignition are my keys, on the dash is my clip and behind the seat is my pack. After a few choice words I remembered I had the hide a key magnet in the box of the truck...so I said no problem you go on and I'll get the spare set of keys...most good buds would stay and help, no not my brain fart buddy off he toddles. Anyway I start searching for the magnet hide a key, but for some unknown reason it ain't where it is suppose to be...ok unload the quad and sift through the snow in the back of the truck to find the key. Still nothing what the h#ll, this isn't happening to me!!! I jump out of the truck box and start searching in the snow(franatically but carefully) and just then notice the hide a key, stuck to my quad ramps....ahhh relief as I was positive I was coming out with a broken window that night. Oh but this is where it takes an evil turn, as I turn to walk back to my door and unlock my god foresaken truck my eyes meet a glorious sight a very big buck standing broadside staring at the orange marshmellow with frozen fingers. As I fumble to get to my door and unlock the clip...yeap at this time that was all I had on my mind..he decided to saunter away untouched and gave me only a little wiff of his tail when he dissappeared into the pines. Well some choice words were said again plus many a thought of leaving brain fart boy for the wolves, in the end it does make a heck of a story and I can at least laugh..as he said "hey that's hunting!!!" of course this is after the 15th appology and "no really, are you bsing me." To this day I have no clue why a grabbed my rifle when I got out, had I left it he would have known I wasn't ready and never locked the door...summed up in one phrase "THAT's HUNTIN'!!!" In any regards I probably would have been long gone and never seen that bad boy in the first place...but that is still little sollace even after a number of years of this not so distant unlucky memory[:@].