HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question for WV hunters...
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Pro-Line
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question for WV hunters...

Well..I take no offense at your post, Tim...but I'm about to give some. If you shot a button buck, then you need spanked.

First off, there ain't much meat on a 6 mo old deer. (an almost mature fawn) How could there be? They may weigh 55lbs at best dresses. (most in WV are closer to 35) Anybody who says different never owned a digital scale. (I've processed over 100 in WV)

Secondly...I hope you never killed a big buck. If you have, you better thank your lucky stars! Reason being that the big buck you shot may very well have been passed up by me or mine just a couple years before. If me or mine hadn't passed...you wouldn't have killed you big buck.

I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but you shot 2...COUNT THEM...2 potential bucks off your property this year. That's a shame. I've killed over 50 deer in my life, and have NEVER killed a button buck. (I have killed a couple little ones years ago that happened to be does) If you don't shoot FAWNS you don't shoot button bucks! If it's not mature..........go to KROGER'S!

I'm sorry sir, but your attitude is why management won't work on my 450+ acres. If I have 3 neighbors like you....that's 6 button bucks taken off me...

Sorry if I've vented towards you...but you hit a nerve.