HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 deer in 2 days
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 04:14 PM
The Champ

Default 2 deer in 2 days

I have been hunting every chance i have gotten this year. In shotgun season i passed on a 4 and 6 pointer, and quite a bit of does. I was seeing a lot of deer then all of a sudden it seemed like i didnt see anything for a while. I missed a really nice 8 pointer, but it was a difficult shot. Saturday was the first day of muzzleloader and i was walking in a big field and a doe was running straight towards me, and i shot her and was pretty happy to at least get a deer this year. I then went back to almost the same place sunday and sat at the edge of a field and saw a small buck walk in the field. I have only killed one buck and it was a pretty nice 9 pointer and that was two years ago so i thought i would shoot him. I did, and it was a bad shot. I shot him to far back and he ran across the field about 300 yards, walked in a circle, and then fell. He only had four points because there was no braltines and and one was broke. He had bad genes so i guess it worked out for the best. Im only 16 so i will have a lot more time to get big bucks. I was still proud and happy about getting them though.