HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what do you think?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 10:18 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default what do you think?

ok....me and some friends were pheasant hunting one day a few weeks ago..all walking in a straight line...well a big buck kicked up right between me and my friend.....massive buck....didnt get a good look becuase he was so stealthy but had good spread and tine leghnt...well me and 3 friends were deer hunting yesterday..2 were driving....2 were posted...i was a poster....well my friend drove right near me about 60 yds up the hill so anything that took out would be running infront of me or across me and i could take a shot when it was safe....well right wehre the big buck kicked up came running a nice littler buck that day....looked to be a 8pt or so....not huge but would make a fine second buck....i didnt get that buck....we tracked him down with the snow and seen him on a hillside over 200yds away...no chance to get close because he knew we were there....i took a shot but didnt think of bullet drop and just hit below him.....it will be 4-5 days or more before i go back....do you think that little honeyhole will be worth the time to drive it out? its a really thick little piece between a field and woods these 2 bucks were laying in....im pretty sure they were diffrent bucks.....do you think it would be worth it to try again...now i know what way they might go so i can set up better.....and alot of my friends want to hunt but dont have bucktags left anymore....so im sure i can get a driver...what do you think? will one of them be back?? also anyone know a good way to stop a deer coming out of a drive....i couldnt get a shot the first time at the littler one the other day because he was running so fast.....sure i could opened up on him but that isnt my style....1 good shot or no shot at all....would i beable to stop them with a grunt or bleat? i stop deer by saying bah....will that work with a deer coming out of a drive like that?? i didnt have the time to think of it the other day.....but now i am so do you think it will stop him? im going to tell my driver not to be loud and scream or anything so the buck doesnt know whats coming...last time my driver was screaming on the top of his lungs BUCK!!!!!! devin its a BUCK!!! HE HAS HORNS!!!!!!! and i think that made the buck run so fast......what do you think? will one of them return to the little hole? how can i stop them for a good shot? thanx alot....id love a set of antlers for the wall this season.....i have meat already.....thanx