HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on getting started please.
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 01:40 PM
Huntman34
Spike

Default Need advice on getting started please.

So I'm a Marine stationed in Virginia for a few months, I've been out of country for 3 years and in a few months ill be leaving again for 3 more years. I'm not from around here and I'm not allowed to own a rifle in the barracks I'm in. I want to go hunting in the time I'm back so bad, I haven't been since I went with my dad years ago, never been solo. Are there like , programs that will let me pay to come hunt with someone , "rent " a rifle basically for the day and kinda go with someone or even by myself , I have loads of firearm training and outdoor training from the Marine Corps obviously? I dont have anyone here, I dont have a rifle and I dont have land to hunt. But im more than willing to pay for the experience, I dont even care if I kill a deer and if I do id donate it wherever I just wanna get out there. I know I need to get the license that's not a problem. But I dont know where to get started with what im working with.