HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bergara BMR Ammo Test Rd. 2
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 08:25 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Default Bergara BMR Ammo Test Rd. 2

OK this morning I took the 3 different brands of ammo that shot the best last session. The differences in this session was that the target was placed at 75 yards and I lubed several CCI Mini Mags and Federal Target with a lube I use for my muzzleloader. I also shot 10 rounds in each group instead of 5 for a better test. One other thing I did was before firing each 10 shot group I cleaned the bore and fired 5 round of the same ammo at a "sighter" target to foul it with that ammo. This increased distance and the 10 shot group showed a better story. The CCI Mini Mags (lubed) came out on top again followed closely by the Norma TAC-22 (which was already lubed from the manufacturer). The Federal Target (lubed) ammo also did well with one out of the group slightly. Both the CCI and Norma hit same POI. Seems the rifle likes slippery bullets!!
This rifle is a shooter for sure.
NOTE: The TAC-22 group I accidentally shot at a different target so I had to cut it out and tape it onto this one. You can see in the bottom left is the target I was supposed to shoot.
Attached Images  

Last edited by bronko22000; 06-23-2022 at 05:35 AM.