HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BUSTED BAITING!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 03:35 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Oldtimr do you hunt hogs in PA?!?! Just curious. I know there are some around in certain areas but how can a warden differentiate between baiting for hogs rather than deer? Just curious. Is this done in the summer or off season and is all remaining bait cleaned up 30 days before deer season?
No, I don't hunt them in PA, they are too few and far between to make it worth while for me. I go to South Carolina, I did hunt them in Georgia once. Like everything else, the wardens have to have the evidence to prove the charges for bait. If there is bait present during the deer season and it is not in an area where bait for deer is legal the officers would have to watch the site when people are hunting and if they only shoot deer there would be no problem, in addittion if there was evidence of deer being killed in the baited area site it could be used as evidence of hunting deer over bait. A baited are doesn't have to be specifically aimed at shooting deer, it is unlawful to take advantage of bait no matter why it was set out.