HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elon Musk's hostile bid to takeover Twitter
Old 04-27-2022, 06:18 AM
chazspot
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
Chazspot: First, I don't know the reason well-off liberals support this stuff. Liberal guilt? It seems sort of trendy, sort of fashionable? These are plausible explanations and probably explains some of the well-off liberals. Second, take a look at my quote from Xenophon again. It wasn't ALL the population that Cyrus treated in this way -- the subjects were treated this way, but not the "nobles." Without parsing what the nobles would constitute under ancient Persian government . . . it is quite possible that the nobles of Cyrus's time equate to the rich of today. The rich of today are connected, have a stake in things, have considerable influence in government and power in the business world. They AREN'T the slaves, they are among the ruling noble class. That is a hypothetical explanation and answer to your question. Does my answer hold up to scrutiny? I don't know. Maybe all three of these might combine together to provide 65% of an answer?
I was also thinking it might be a modern case of a bourgeoisie/proletariat situation where the affluent cry for social justice, but aren't held to those standards. That may sound a little redundant to what you are saying above. Those who complain about the Twitter takeover by Musk are saying that a political party might be shunned even albeit slightly to sway elections. Funny, none of that was a concern during the 2020 presidential campaign where Biden benefitted from conservatives being banned from social media. Now it's a problem...