HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Montana FWP .. Just a Little Rant
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 11:14 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
There was a several year period in Pennsylvania where our camp would buy as many antlerless tags as we could get and "burn them".

Our local population rebounded over several years. At the time we were running 15-20 guys and primarily hunting on about 1,000 acres of farm land that was private, but was open to hunting and they gave permission to whoever.

Those properties are leased out now unfortunately. But just because the state issues tags doesn't mean they have to be used. Good luck convincing others to go that route though.

-Jake
Waste of time buying and burning tags. If the harvest is lower than they wanted it they will and did just raise the number of license the following year. As for me, many places where hunters were doing that needed more deer killed. I will trust the professionals before I trusting the knowledge of hunters who wanted too many deer. They are what got us in PA to the point of herd reduction in the first place by lobbying the general assembly not to allow the PGC to issue enough doe licenses.