HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ororo heated vest
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 04:26 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I have gone through three brands now. Just like anything else you pay for what you get.
My 1st was a Milwaukee heated vest
It uses M12 battery packs. It has a USB port. But my main issues, it's sizes by chinese. A 3xl really fits an XL person. I didn't like the bulk and placement of the bulky battery pack.
Even though i couldn't zip the vest its kidney warmers and hand warmers worked very well. But the vest was uncomfortable sitting at times because of battery pack placement.
Next was a light weight nylon vest that i had a seamstress put in a double zipper. The USB heating cable is junk. I had to modify that. But it works. This vest runs off a Mofi type usb rechargeable battery. Fits in an inner chest pocket. And with a dual USB port it also can charge my phone.
Maker was off of Facebook. While very light wt the battery heat as Bronko indicated is awesome. Low, Medium or High. Handwarmer pockets are zippered to help secure items.
My newest one while real pricey uses metal heating fiber. And this one fits me as advertised. Is a canvas vest like carhartt coats
And by far wotks the best. The rechargeable battery is made by Gobi and also has a USB charge port. Lasts 10 hrs on low. And it came with 2 batteries.
The manufacturer is GOBI.

On all my northern Wisconsin deer hunts this yr I wore a long sleeved light wt duluth trading post long john top. DULUTH Chamois shirt. My Gobi heated vest covered by a light wt blaze orange vest
I never needed a full coat. Get a little chilled. Turn on the heat. Chill be gone!
So i didnt need lots of bulky layers.
For me I won't leave home without wearing a heated vest.
A vest you can slip under any hunting coat.

JW

ps
Facebook heated vests. Be careful. Most are Chinese made and are sized way to small.

Last edited by JW; 01-03-2022 at 04:35 PM.