HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bears--Got Enough Pistol??
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 03:50 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
ya ever compare the size of a 150# deer's lungs compared to a 250# bear's? ya ever saw what happens to a 400# bear if his leg is broken? (if you haven't he can't walk, he is too wide to stay off the ground on 1 fron't leg)
Nobody uses any more caution tracking a bear than a deer, at least the hundreds of bear hunters I have been associated with. If not hit in the vitals they will keep running, if they are they do not get out of sight. have not hunted 50 years to not learn anything.
yes I have seen the lungs of bears from cubs to over 600 lbs
so??
I have also seen bears over 500 lbs walking on 3 legs and broken front shoulders as well as broken rear hips!(hit from vehicles) known of one that walked that way over 8 miles before we got to it to put it down!
SO< let me ask you based on this

Nobody uses any more caution tracking a bear than a deer, at least the hundreds of bear hunters I have been associated with. If not hit in the vitals they will keep running, if they are they do not get out of sight. have not hunted 50 years to not learn anything.

so are you saying a BEAR NOT hit in the vital is NOT worth tracking, or unrecoverable??
as I can attest to this for a FACT being wrong based on having tracked dozens of bears wounded from BAD hits that were found, shot again and collected !(I have also tracked some we never found too)
and I can say 100% for a FACT,. many times a bear can be 10 yards away and OUT OF SIGHT!

I know of tons of guides and bear hunters that will totally disagree with you on this, everyone I know that tracks a WOUNDED bear uses more caution than when tracking a deer! due to the FACT a bear has more weapons than a deer has! thats NOT rocket science either! or takes a person 50 yrs to know or learn or should it!!

and just cause one hunts for 50 yrs doesn'rt mean they know everything or are experts on anything!
I know many hunters that have been hunting longer than 50 yrs and are far from even being GOOD at hunting!(and I am NOT saying your Not a skilled experienced hunter here so DON"T take it that way, just stating a fact, yrs doing something alone doesn't mean your a pro at it!)