HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bears--Got Enough Pistol??
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 03:03 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
A black bear cannot take a bullet as well as a whitetail, they are not at all hard to kill.
I will have to disagree, of the 40+(didn;t keep count) or so bears was part of being shot, I seen many take several rifle hits and keep on trucking when NO vitals were hit!
that lead to either a lost bear or a lot of tracking at times and many times more shot/shot's, to finish them off!(again pending shooter, some guys get excited and accuracy goes out the window sadly)

I hunted with a large group of bear hunters that killed 5-7+ bears every yr for many yrs!, granted many took BAD shots at RUNNING bears
but the simple fact it, they were HIt and kept going many times, so will Not call them any less willing to take a bullet over a deer
both can run afar if they get a bad hit on them
seen many bears live for a while with 3 legs and such after being shot or injured from?? and survive
the will to survive isn't any less on bears than deer IMO!

and keep in mind there is a BIG difference in how much body you have to drive a bullet thru , between a 150 lb bear and and a 500+ lb one! add in possible pissed doff animal(as in attaching you)
which will have adrenaline a pumping and a whole different mind set than a bear wondering the woods unaware of a hunter hunting them!

Last edited by mrbb; 12-09-2021 at 03:16 PM.