HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remove Bullet & Powder
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 03:28 PM
Gm54-120
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by smokey92
mrbb, thank you. Inlines that took shotgun primers for ignition had aftermarket plugs for BH readily available right after it came out. There was a guy here, Ron I think was his name made them too. GM 54 made it sound like BH shouldn't be used in my ML, and posted as such. This ML has had dozens of rounds fired with BH, without a hiccup. I was a fan of Pyrodex and still use it, in my TC #11 percussion cap rifle, but I have been using BH in the shotgun primer powered inlines for many years. Thanks again gents, also hope those hunting, have much success.
Hello, earth to Smokey....Guess who tested the plugs Ron modified and tested until we found one that worked....ME, Ron and a couple other guys because sooooo many people had ignition issues with the OEM pre quick release plug. Why do you think CVA starting after 2010 offered 2 QRBPs? Here is a hint the OEM didnt work well with BH209 so they copied some things that worked on the ONLY plug what was 100% at that time....The T/C Omega plug. Two plugs were mostly used for early BH209 development. The T/C concave face Omega plug and the Savage MLII plug. No other plugs at that time were as dependable.

Secondly your naming of that CVA left something to be desired. You never said Optima Pro Magnum or whatever the actual model was. You were somewhat vague about that. Kinda hard to design a rifle for a powder that has not even come out yet huh? So tons of people were beating their heads against the wall trying to make it fire in some of the slam fire CVAs and/or rifles with a poor plug design. CVA tossed out words like Pro and Magnum on several models including rifles not well suited to BH209 at all.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Gm54-120; 11-30-2021 at 03:45 PM.