HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remove Bullet & Powder
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 02:47 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by smokey92
mrbb, thank you. Inlines that took shotgun primers for ignition had aftermarket plugs for BH readily available right after it came out. There was a guy here, Ron I think was his name made them too. GM 54 made it sound like BH shouldn't be used in my ML, and posted as such. This ML has had dozens of rounds fired with BH, without a hiccup. I was a fan of Pyrodex and still use it, in my TC #11 percussion cap rifle, but I have been using BH in the shotgun primer powered inlines for many years. Thanks again gents, also hope those hunting, have much success.
NO problem, like I said glad your all good now

but I will add, I do know that when Blackhorn 209 first came out, they did NOT recommend it being used in many inlines, even one's that took 209 primers, I am NOT saying yours is one of them as I honestly don;t know what all ones could and could n;t use it
but I do know, there was info on the blackhorn web site when ti first came out stating NOT to use on certian guns
as I started using it when it first came out, and one of the inline I had wasn't approved for it, so I bought a new gun just to use it HAHA!
or that was my excuse any how to buy another one !!
I also never had issue's with BH 209 having mositure issue's
but we all can have different experiences, as thats just life, IMO
some like fords some like chevy's and so on<