HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Put money into existing bow or save for new one
Old 11-28-2021, 06:04 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

well, I hate to maybe say it like this, but here is reasons to upgrade archery tackle
over time, limbs can loose energy they one had, lamination has been known to come part, shafts on cam's wear like any other moving part
more modern bows have more comforts and user friendly features than some older bow, and i I say SOME< NOT all this applies top ALL bow(minus the FACT all things age and with age come possibly failures of moving parts)
NOW< has there been enough advancement from 2006 to NOW to justify upgrading
this ia honestly a personal question, as a BIG party of archery gear is how it FITS YOU, which effects how well or not you will shoot it and enjoy shooting it!

Modern bows can have again many benefits, to being more forgiving, less vibration, faster speeds, quieter shooting, less issue's with cams(if you have a multi cam bow) can be longer or short in overall length and so on!
the real question might be, how much do you like your current bow, or do you just want a NEW one!
lots of things in life tend to come down to WANT over NEED!! if were honest!

archery will always be about putting a sharp broadhead into a vital, doesn't have to get there the fastest or come out of the newest bow on the market!
but the comforts on the bow has or doesn't , is what I think makes me ant to keep or change over time !