HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best deer hunter you ever knew?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 01:42 PM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

I've read everything I could from the Benoit's. Very cool that you met him.

This is a tough question to answer. Can you be there greatest Hunter if you only use a rifle? The archery guys wouldn't say so. What if you only archery hunt and usually get it done in the early season? The late season rifle hunters probably think that's easy.

And depends on how you define "best". Is it the guy who always fills his tags? The guy who always takes the biggest bucks? The guy who routinely fills tags on tough public land?

The best hunter that I can think of right now is a former regular member here. He went by the name of Bukmastr I believe. Dan Infalt. Has his own forum and YouTube channel now. Guy regularly kills big mature deer on hard pressured land. I've learned a ton by watching and reading his stuff. Although I don't know him personally. This photo speaks for itself and it's years old by now. He's added allot more.

He changed how I approach hunting deer. And although I don't chase big bucks like he does, I often try, and have luck, at shooting deer right out of their beds. I learned the basics of doing that by studying what Infalt was saying. And changing it to match my style.

The best Hunter I know of personally.... Really hard to say. Most of the hunters I hunt with are more casual hunters, or benefited from very high deer populations. I have a great uncle who shot hundreds of deer in his lifetime. Many on crop damage permits, and even on state park reduction hunts. He took 13 one day. Guy killed a ton of deer. But benefited from being in the right line of work to do that. I wouldn't say he's necessarily the greatest Hunter.

I guess I don't really know who the greatest Hunter I ever knew is. I had a great uncle who was the best squirrel hunter I ever saw though. We'd go out, get a few here or there, and he'd get his limit every time.

-Jake

​​​​​​