HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Clothing Options
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 08:15 AM
Hank Lee
Spike

Default Clothing Options

Hello Everyone,

I have lurked here for several years and figured join in on the talks. I am new to upland hunting but not new to hunting. I just purchased a pair of leather upland boots and a orange upland vest with some chaps and looking for some pointers. I hunt from Nov-1 to March 31 in the North and NE. I am debating on getting a briar proof long sleeve shirt or hoodie and maybe layering it when its really cold out. Would a jacket be better or too warm when walking miles each day? Someone even recommended a cheap, orange welding jacket, vest and a hoodie under the welding jacket. Do you prefer chaps or upland pants? I figure the chaps would give me better protection with 2 layers opposed to 1 with just pants. The boots I purchased are all leather, irish setters wingshooters and one pair seems kind of loose with room to move my foot or say wear some thick, wool socks and the other pair fits like a pair of running shoes. Will the leather stretch a bit on the tighter ones? How about gloves? I tried wearing some mechanics gloves and briars stick to them and they are slick on my wood stock.

Shells-I mainly use a 20ga and will be shooting rabbits and pheasants by flushing them. I have high brass and low brass shells in 5/6 shot.

Do you prefer a fiber optic on your upland shotgun or just the beed?