HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Found load for Knight Disc Ext.
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 08:27 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I was getting a bit frustrated with my Knight Disc Extreme. I couldn't get it to shoot very well. At least not what I'm used to shooting. Well that all changed today. I took to the range with 250 gr Barnes bullets in Harvester CR sabots and preloads of 120 gr of Alliant Black MZ.
Last night I also shimmed my BP per Sabotloader's instructions (see primers) which possibly helped with accuracy.
I was sharing the range with another guy who was shooting his M1 Garand at 200 yds. (actually 200 meters). I set my target up at the 100 meter stand. My first shot was high and just a tad left. Next 3 were right in the bull 1" high and strung left to right. He asked if he could go retrieve his target so while he did I decided to swab the bore real good. Bad move! When he cam back I fired the next shot and it went wide left - - see shot #5. Next 2 however cut my shot in the bull and were almost in the same hole. My primers came out clean when they would come out. Primer on the left is unfired, the rest are fired primers. Very little if any blowback.I have to polish that Lehigh 209 adapter and deepen the primer slot a little bit. The primer want to come out but hang up just short of being able to grab them.
Now that is more like IT!!! Awesome - and I am glad the addition of shims worked out for you.

I always shot semi clean bores for hunting!

mike