HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester: A Battle of Ballistic Coefficients
Old 07-10-2021, 09:54 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Which merely proves the fact that it does not do anything better than other cartridges. It equals them but does not surpass them and if you took the time to read my posts the Swede was only on chambering I mentioned. I also mentioned the 260 Rem and the 6.5 Rem Mag and what you just said about the Creed does not hold up against the 260 or the 6.5 Mag but they never got hyped up in the same manner.

Bottom line is the Creed has benefitted from hype but does not bring anything magical to the table and if someone owns one of the other rounds it brings no benefit. Neither you nor NM have been able to refute that. Saying it will do the same thing as the other cartridges is basically admitting that it is the equal of other cartridges and not superior. As a simple matter of fact both the 260 Rem and the 6.5 Rem Mag are both short action 6.5 cartridges that were available before the Creed and were designed to give Swede performance in a short action and both have the same if not even better ballistics than the Creed but they were released without the same level of hype and therefore did not enjoy the same popularity.

Like it or not, those are the simple facts of the matter.

Last edited by flags; 07-10-2021 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typo