HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How's the hunting generally speaking in South Dakota?
Old 07-03-2021, 05:48 PM
AlongCameJones
Fork Horn

Question How's the hunting generally speaking in South Dakota?

My main interests are deer, dove and pheasant. Is most land for hunting in SD private? Are there any good WMA's and access lands for hunters to use private lands? Are center-fire rifles allowed for deer on any lands open to the public? Do SD deer gun antler-less seasons offer good opportunities to harvest does? Does the gun hunter have a decent number of days to take does? I'm considering living in SD. Houses not too expensive, low crime, beautiful outdoors, plenty of bodies of water for boating and fishing, low congestion, low pollution, constitutional carry, Pierre is only 1,400 feet (good for my asthma), no tornado alley like in Oklahoma. I've lived in Boise,ID (2,750 feet) for ten tears and did get used to the snow there. I know the Dakotas are Snow City: I saw the film Fargo. The mid-west is the new American Frontier. Idaho, Wyoming and Montana have been getting too pricey for real estate, however, and the altitude in WY is rather high for me, altitude sickness.