HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 03:21 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I doubt there will be much down the road in an investment
not saying its not a desirable gun
just it wasn;'t a super rare gun ever nor one that folks went crazy looking for!

and all gun's are fired at the factory, so its not like it wasn;'t ever shot!
and it would be hard to prove that YOU didn;t shoot it
now, there is a BIG difference in firing it a few times to SAY??
scratch the itch
and see what she does

and firing a few hundred rounds out of it
the wear and tear will be noticeable different\
where a few rounds, odds are won't be noticed!

Over my life time I bought many guns with plans to Never shoot them, some made a lot of leaps and bounds in values, some not so much!
and I also noticed as I have sold some of them, that very few folks cared about some of mine that I DID fire a few times to see what they would do
NEW owners didn;t care I shot 10-20 rounds out of them, and it really didn;t hurt the price either!

In order for a gun these days to really show some sort of BIG money difference in a NEVER fired gun(new in box ORIGINAL OWNER< as even being sold a few times hurts prices!), these guns that has a BIG following down the road, and folks desiring it down the road,
it , won't really happen till 50-70 yrs later!
SO< Honestly, unless your very young, or really have family or a person in mind your planning to leave things too that WILL ALSO< have that STRONG desire to HOLD onto them till they make that leap and bound in value

odds are your just saving things for someone else you don't know At all, and odds are the sale might not even benefit your chosen person at all!

Having had my gun shop, and seen countless gun collectors pass away and OH so sadly, so many times, the NEW owners just wanting to sell things as fast as they get them, KNOWING NOTHING< about them, and just happy to get a FAIR cash value, or a number they THINK is fair ??

Its also one of the main reasons, I sold off a LOT of my collection over the past many yrs, as I KNOW things values now on what I have and know for a fact , my family wouldn;t and they'd get taken/robbed selling them as I also know they DON"T want any of them!
in a perfect world, our kids/family would cherish things we cherish, but sadly that doesn't happen very often!

SO saving a GUN, NOT shooting something you will enjoy now??
unless a super rare gun NOW already
I say shoot it and enjoy it! while you can!