HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is Diamondback DB15 or DB10 a great rilfe?
Old 06-27-2021, 06:05 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones

Does anybody here care to dispute the killing effectiveness of 5.56 vs any other rifle cartridge for rodents? I'm all ears. I even killed a stray peacock with my former Remington Nylon 66 .22 LR at 5 yards. The damn bird was causing me property damage and was on my private property back in 1992.
when you ask a question like this, its pointless
as what is the difference in a dead"X" over another Dead 'x" ! as dead ids dead no??

IF one wishes to use use larger calibers to shoot small animals, or uses smaller calibers to kill them, its a personal choice again? and many will argue that THERE caliber of choice is the BEST or BEST for them!@

BEST is an impossible part of a question to ever be answered period!
and proof calibers are all over from large to small??

a .22 rim fire has been known to kill about every animal ever hunted l in the world that lives on land!
from the largest to the smallest!

BUT when you ask about killing effectiveness of a 5.56/.233
this is a question missing a LOT of DATA in order to even attempt to answer it

as its NOT just teh caliber that matters, its the BULLET type that actually does the killing part or NOT
SO< without knowing the LOAD data of a bullet your using, the Range /distance of the animal being targeted
its a question that has no answer again without knowing the details your trying to find DATA on!

NOW as for this part of your post??

Of course, everybody on the Web is going to bad-mouth a product that is not their favorite. I do think for the most part, I'm better off finding vintage guns

this is a rather ignorant view,a s this is very inaccurate, most folks on MOST honest forums, don't brand BASH,. when asked about a brand(yes some maybe do, but its Not EVERYBODY !!
as a fact most members here do not at all, we WILL voice our opinions, but then again when asked about something, that is a what you will get!
and NO one here BAD mouthed this brand,
we gave you info/opinions we have on them , that's all!

NEXT<

I do think for the most part, I'm better off finding vintage guns
why do you think this period
the modern guns made today, are pretty much better in all ways, minus a few odds and ends guns made yrs ago, that are no longer made!

the tech today is capable of holding tighter tolerances on mass produced guns, using better parts on many(due to the fact the flaws in older guns shown themselves and things have been changed to correct issues they had)

if you think older guns are better, you again show your lack of knowledge on firearms

I Know you LIKE pretty blueing on guns, and that sadly I agree with you on that has gone down hill,l on MANY guns, NOT ALL,
it however is due top the FACT that the majority of Buyers DON"T care or even want high gloss bluing any more period,
and OEM makers have gone away from high end wood stocks and high gloss blueing to stay viable in business!
providing what SELLS<
ALL OEM"S still offer higher grades to there guns if you wish to ORDER them with it, you can still get HIGH end bluing from most ALL factories
and can for sure have them re done if one wanted too, and done so rather simply, There are also better coatings than blueing offered as well
and NO shortage of custom wood stocks to make a gun how ever you want it too look!
Oem's simply figured out that BUYERS want guns to be more reliable, accurate,durable and lower costing, over pretty and fancy! thus why you don't see many high gloss guns in gun shops anymore!

the part I think you dislike is the FACT, that higher end LOOKING guns, COST more, and your expecting OEM"s should sell them for less to make you happy!
which, isn' going to happen!
even fine used OLDER guns, will bring premium price tags
and many of them will have ZERO warranty or buyer support, as most ALL OLDER gun company's have changed owner ship over the decades and older one's made by other owner's many times will NOT have any support for FREE! or at all!
so buying Vintage guns from a GUY that knows so little about Gun's, isn't something I would suggest here?? sounds like just more disappointment for you and issue's you cannot solve yourself!