HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - the minimalist approach
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 08:21 AM
elkman30
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
I've been deer hunting in mildly-hilly terrain, walking not stand, but never dove hunting. From a good number of dove videos I've seen, I dare say there is much less hoofing it involved in dove. If you have a 4-legged or two-legged retriever, there is even less walking so. Is breasting out a limit of dove more labor intensive than gutting and dragging a deer? It would be interesting to measure the calories burned on a walking deer hunt and compare them with the calories burned on a stool dove shoot from field to freezer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIi8JuHMu8Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGa18c-wJls
If you're that worried about expending more calories on a dove hunt, you probably shouldn't dove hunt. Same for deer hunting although you had a guide expending those calories. Most new hunters want to learn how to hunt their chosen game well, care for the meat of whatever animals they bagged and then cook said meat so it's tasty. You seem to be interested in other esoteric parts of non-hunting like calories expended, overly large gear lists and whining about there being a shortage of hunting land available instead of following numerous member suggestions on how to find places to hunt. Millions of people hunt each year so there's obviously property and game left to hunt. It's hard to help somebody that doesn't want to help themselves and do whatever work is required. Like go out in the field and hunt. And for the record, dove hunters aren't "lazy." Dove hunters (even your video hunters) put in prep work, setup, hunt and then do whatever work is necessary after the hunt to preserve the meat. If you think about it, they work a lot harder than some keyboard novice bashing them on a forum.

Last edited by elkman30; 06-11-2021 at 08:23 AM.