HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - the minimalist approach
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 10:24 AM
AlongCameJones
Fork Horn

Mrbb, I thought I was being to the point when I asked these following questions.

Does anybody here hunt game with a minimalist approach? How light can you travel to the game field while still being safe, legal, proper, productive and comfortable?

All I wanted to know here is what the essential gear people use here to hunt deer. Nothing more. I am just curious,. That's all. People can choose whether to answer. That's their call. Ok, I admit to putting a bunch of goofy humor in past threads but I have made a resolution to stop that and just get serious. I'm hoping my credibility here is starting to wax and not wane.

Examples of gear for:

safety: hunter orange attire
legal: hunting license, tags
proper: ice to safeguard meat from spoilage from pickup truck to processor
productive: game calls if they will help bring game to the gun in a timely fashion
comfortable: a thermos of hot coffee on a cold winter hunt

No, I'm not from Europe but I have read the history about how game was once considered only for the rich and noble whereas early Americans adopted the notion that game was for all citizens of all social classes. Most Americans have European ancestry in their genes and most early settlers of the American colonies were from Europe.

Here is a fascinating article about the traditions of dog-hunting deer still practiced in the South:
https://www.northamericanwhitetail.c...te_1009/263851