HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The man in this following video seems well equipped for dove opener.
Old 06-06-2021, 05:34 PM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mrbb
experience is something we all ONLY get by doing something, but that doesn't mean we cannot learn a LOT about a subject mater LONG before doing any of it!
heck to be honest I would rather a person reward and learn all they can about something before trying to do it
it will get them leaps and bound ahead of those that know nothing about what there trying to do!

Nothing replaces hands on experience, but knowledge is power folks, like it or not!

this site is becoming pretty unwelcome to new members it seems!(go ahead bash on me, I can take it LOL)
Agreed. No reason to be rude. Jones hasn't personally attacked anybody.

Jones, you have an odd posting style. And it's going to rub ppl the wrong way. It just is. Again I'll suggest... Ask questions. Learn, and GO do. Nobody here really cares about what somebody wrote in a book forty years ago.

And to Mrbb's point- book knowledge is not nothing. It certainly has value. But it would be allot better backed by experience.

Jones, I think we all find it a little odd that you hunted a deer in 1996 and seemingly since then you have dreamed about hunting including reading, watching videos, studying what clothes people wear... But haven't done anything yourself to gain that experience. That's 25 years that you've had to build experience for yourself.

Most people here are go getters. If we want something we find a way to do it and get it. You can do that too. Your posting style is just hard to figure out. I'm not sure what your goal is.

Either way welcome to HNI.

To others....... He didn't insult your mother. He just has a strange posting style. Put a bandaid on your feelers. Maybe we can help him get into the field and enjoy the outdoors like we do
-Jake