HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The man in this following video seems well equipped for dove opener.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:39 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

camo IMO< is something that in all honesty I think make a person FEEL more like a hunter than it maybe really helps hide us from game
as we honestly;y don;t know what game animals see when they look about!
some claim they can see UV some colors , some color blind and so on
its all guessing games of sorts, so the camo, honestly tends to make a HUMAN feel more like there outwitting a animal, based on how WE See !~
and camo makers have suckers a lot of wallets to open with there claims and materials and patterns!
Hunters are suckers for wanting a EDGE they can buy fast, over skills they have to earn! in time

!MO< movement and noise is a bigger issue to worry about, and well trying to blend into the landscape so not to stick out like a sore thumb!

One thing I think you maybe missed or don't know about(I have no clue what you know or don't, so no bash here)

is Doves in a lot of places don't migrate anymore, or for not as long a time spans as they used too!
we have more resident doves now than ever, same as with geese and other critters ,
they have found ways to stay put in one place all yr, or again almost all yr as to yrs back when most all migrated and left for seasonal travels!

so, the fact many stay put can help one find places that have higher numbers maybe or just more steady populations of them to target for hunting them

a dog is great, but not all dogs are great at doves
like anything a dog is a tool in hunting and the tool has to work for the task at hand
and in dogs, its a combination of genetic's and training and the individual dogs drive to do so!
Bird dog ownership is also a dying thing in the USA, if not the world
so few folks have them anymore as to 20-30 yrs ago
most HUNTING breeds have been adapted into house pets than hunting companions
changing of the times
and also, making it harder to get GOOD blood lines of proven hunting dogs
also dying , is the skills to train a good bird dog

those still willing to do the work, are a dying breed of hunters sadly!
game bird populations are decreasing and thus why, bird hunters and dogs are going out of style!