HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The man in this following video seems well equipped for dove opener.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:48 AM
AlongCameJones
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Do you hunt dove? Tell us about your last dove hunt.

-Jake
I haven't hunted dove yet. It's something I'm interested in trying. That video seems to be a great inspiration to me. I'm very well read on the subject though. From what I've read, thin camo clothing is essential as well a 12 ga. shotgun and a dog who is good at dove retrieves. I just ordered my new Mossberg 500 with a field barrel for that purpose.I seem to like all the gear that man has at his dove station. I even own a dove-hunting book I've read cover to cover several times. Dove Hunting [Dickey, Charley, 1976].

I wrote this thread maybe to get some more knowledge on dove-hunting gear. Hunting is pretty much done until Sept. 1 now that summer is upon us. I have a hunch many veteran and up-and-coming dove hunters will be practicing their shotgun skills at skeet fields before September. Those who do own gun dogs will probably getting them practiced as well. I don't yet own a gun dog but I could probably enter the sport dog-less.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-04-2021 at 09:10 AM.