HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who here dresses like this while hunting?
Old 06-01-2021, 02:51 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by redmag
Man this sure turned to a crap topic in a hurry. From a guy asking about hunting attire to people jumping in his $#!t for paying to kill a smaller buck Kind of disappointed and surprised or am I the only one who see this?
well, if your referring to me,
I never meant any thing negative by the size of his buck he shot
I was just sating that back in the 90's few folks PAID a guide for a hunt for deer in the USA, it was NOT common practice in MOST all US states
and if one was paying for a guide, Honestly, I would have expected a better quality of game than what most average hunters found on public lands
as isn;t that the point of PAYING for a service, to get more than you can for free?

and I also stand by the fact that hiring a guide is NOT the way most folks learn how to hunt, even in NON hunting house holds and families!
a week or a few days with a guide don;t teach a LOT of skills that make a GOOD hunter a GOOD hunter!
they might help you learn a few things IF there willing to teach you, as a guides job ISN"T to teach anyone how to hunt, there JOB is you get you on the game animal your paying them to do so!

I am personal friends with a LOT of professional guides and KNOW this for a fact!
some are more willing to help a guy learn and some are NOT!