HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ruger LCP II 22 LR
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 04:10 AM
Big Uncle
Nontypical Buck

Default Ruger LCP II 22 LR

I picked one of these little gems up a while ago, mostly for the purpose of inexpensive shooting. I already have an original LCP and an LCP II chambered in 380, but ammunition has become hard to come by these days. I handload almost all of my ammunition for other cartridges but not for the tiny 380. That is where the 22 LR version of the pistol comes into the picture.

The slide on the 22 LR version operates easier than the 380. I have only put a couple hundred rounds through the pistol but so it has been completely reliable and reasonable accurate. At ten yards I can usually make a group of holes from a full magazine (10 rounds) in the target about the size of a baseball with a two handed hold. I do not have a grip sleeve on this little pistol yet, but probably there will be one soon.

This is a nice practice pistol and would not make a bad trail pistol. My wife carries a LCP II in 380 often and she really likes the 22 LR version. She likes it so much that I will probably have to buy another one.