HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to Find Farmers to hunt feral pigs on their property?
Old 04-03-2021, 03:57 AM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

I had pretty good luck in California by making a resume. A picture, my experience ie. My occupation skills, years hunting and I even got hunting liability insurance. I popped it in the mailbox by likely farms. I started out small asking about hunting, Jack Rabbits and Coyote. Most of the farmers I know are pretty busy and many don't want interruptions.
A lot of Alfalfa where I hunted, Alfalfa is to Jack Rabbits what Corn is to hogs, superfood. They multiple out of control quickly.
Once you get the OK from a couple of farmers you can use them for a reference. I eventually got permission to hunt Dove, Chukar, and other game.
Side note once the farmers got to know me and figured out I was a welder things expanded quickly. Most were more than good with swapping a little labor for hunting access. I eventually turned my welding skills into a decent side business, welding farm equipment, and other stuff.