HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Share your best whitetail pic/story
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 03:59 PM
flags
Giant Nontypical

I do not hunt for antlers. As a matter of fact I am normally looking for a nice tender doe. But I have taken my share of bucks but got started on whitetails later in life since I grew up in CO and grew up chasing mulies and elk. This is the best buck I have taken:

Took the buck in Potter County PA. Got a good Navy buddy that grew up in that area and I was hunting with him. I had tried to get a doe tag but back in those days they were hard to get and I settled for a buck tag. This was the 2nd year the state had the 3 point on one side law on the books. I was just looking for a meat deer and was a little surprised when this buck stepped out about 200 yards away. A single round from my old 7mm Mag put him down. My buddy was all excited and kept saying how good of a deer it was for that area. He taped right at 19 inches on the inside spread and had 8 points. He had been fighting and had a couple points that had broken tips on them. To remember the hunt I had this one mounted and he is the only deer I have put on the wall.