HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to Find Farmers to hunt feral pigs on their property?
Old 03-29-2021, 07:34 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by LeverAction3030
Hey guys, I’m from maryland and I am a bit new to the hunting community. I have been hunting before but I am looking to take the initiative to find my own spots to hunt. I would like to hunt feral pigs especially on a farmer’s property who could use the help. My question is, what is the best way to get in contact with a farmer to hunt on their land when at a distance. Because I’m from Maryland I have quite the drive to hunt feral pigs. I also would prefer not driving 4 hours to knock on doors ask to hunt. Seems like a gamble. Any thoughts on the best way to get into touch online?
I would not get your hopes up to find people with hog problems in MD. In addition, if I had a hog problem I would not entertain giving permission to hunt my land online to strangers via the computer, I would want to meet and evaluate them in person and I suspect so would most of the folks on this site.. If you want to hunt, you find out where the animals you want to hunt are and then get in your vehicle and drive there and knock on doors.