HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My New Deer Rifle
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 10:13 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Manu
Hi there can you guys use suppressors on your hunting rifle's?.
yes we in the USA can use them to hunt with, in most places, as long as there legal suppressors

BUT one of the issue's one will have using them, is, you will find yourself getting more attention than many want or the hassle's of PROVING you have a legal one, and to have to carry the paperwork along with you to do so,
it can get to be a pain in the A$$ if you follow

I was a dealer for them (suppressors)
and have owned many personally over the yrs
and cannot tell you how many times I was stooped just due to, beings even with one on a firearm!
and add in MANY law enforcement officers here have NO clue what the REAL legal side of them is,(class III items in general here ) or what the LEGAL paperwork looks like or , what is needed to PROVE things
and you can end up spending a LOT of down time, explaining and proving your NOT a criminal, and legally own things!

I know I have spend a LOT of time, being DETAINED by law enforcement officers(and no bash here just saying)
explaining things to them, waiting on supervisors to show up, that know more than first officer did, or??
and it can get frustrating., pending where your at and where using things

I DO thing things are getting better with more ways and info out there
BUT if one wants to hunt with one here, I strongly suggest making sure you KNOW all the LEGAL FINE PRINT details, and carry your PROOF with you and don't be shocked if your held/detained and have to explain your self to law enforcement officers or??