HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New scopes
Thread: New scopes
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 08:22 PM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Default New scopes

I'll be the first to admit it. I am no "Glass Snob" when it comes to rifle scopes. I've been using Bushnell, Leupold, Nikon, Burris and Zeiss scopes on my hunting rifles for quite some time now but lately I've been experimenting with different brands and I like them. Maybe for the extremely serious shooter or someone that needs a Nightforce either for prestige or they are that good I don't know. I looked at them and honestly I can't tell the difference nor can I justify the cost. Maybe its just my eyes. I put a Meuller 8-32X on my Bergara HMR and it is really nice. But honestly I think a bit more magnification than needed for the 6.5CM. But two brands that I've been buying recently that are great scope for hunting rifles including inline muzzleloaders are the Vortex Crossfire series and the Konus M30 series. What I like about the Konus is the illuminated center dot in the reticle. You have the option of either red or blue and it is just the ticket for those low light conditions or heavy dark timber. And the best part is that these scopes won't break your wallet. I've often heard it said that you should pay twice as much for your glass than you did for your rifle! Really? I think that you can do just fine with a lesser priced scope. OK - I opened the door. Now let's hear all the flack...!!!