HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - One Fish, Two Fish, Everything Is Racist Fish: Joe Biden Cancels Dr. Seuss
Old 03-02-2021, 04:20 PM
Knightia
Giant Nontypical

Dont know i was just skimming the story-

i was looking for the bad fish) strangley enough it was national news worthy on abc/cbs-- but i guess the drs story areually included in this program etcc- on marcch 2 no comment from thhe prez i guess- but he woudnt ok racist storys would he?
“March 2 is also the birthday of one of America’s revered wordsmiths. Theodor Seuss Geisel — or Dr. Seuss — used his incredible talent to instill in his most impressionable readers universal values we all hold dear,” read Barack Obama’s proclamation in 2016. “Through a prolific collection of stories, he made children see that reading is fun, and in the process, he emphasized respect for all; pushed us to accept ourselves for who we are; challenged preconceived notions and encouraged trying new things; and by example, taught us that we are limited by nothing but the range of our aspirations and the vibrancy of our imaginations.”

“In classrooms, libraries, and homes around our country, literature provides children with the inspiration to learn and grow,” read President Trump’s proclamation in 2020. “On this Read Across America Day, we recall the motivational words of Dr. Seuss—an American icon of literature—and impart his wisdom on our Nation’s young people: ‘You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so…get on your way!’”
But Seuss was completely canceled by Biden, who broke with tradition and removed all mention of Seuss from his comments about the event. His remarks only noted that “for many Americans, the path to literacy begins with story time in their school classroom.” By comparison to the Obama and Trump remarks, Biden’s comments held no inspiration and no attraction at all for any children that might be listening, sort of missing out on the whole point of the event, in addition to canceling Dr. Seuss. The proclamation does however ironically note that reading “reduces the chance of developing cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s.” I’m sure that will be inspirational to the children.
But Seuss was completely canceled by Biden, who broke with tradition and removed all mention of Seuss from his comments about the event. His remarks only noted that “for many Americans, the path to literacy begins with story time in their school classroom.” By comparison to the Obama and Trump remarks, Biden’s comments held no inspiration and no attraction at all for any children that might be listening, sort of missing out on the whole point of the event, in addition to canceling Dr. Seuss. The proclamation does however ironically note that reading “reduces the chance of developing cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s.” I’m sure that will be inspirational to the children.

Last edited by Knightia; 03-02-2021 at 04:22 PM.