HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey hunt with my dogs?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 06:30 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

well according to what I seen online about turkey hunting im Alabama, its ILLEGAL to use a dog in either spring or fall hunting of turkeys

so, I gather if you decide to do so, your willing to break the law and accept any fines or?? that come with it?

so, maybe check your rules to make sure your up to the rules on things

here is what I seen below, copy and pasted for you?

Alabama 'Fall hunting for gobblers is scheduled in a few counties with a historical fall hunting tradition. Interestingly, the first established legal turkey seasons in the nation were in the fall season only. Alabama was the first state to experiment with a spring turkey season in the 1950s (p. 61 of the pdf).' Alabama has a fall season, and you can't use a dog, but the fine is reasonable enough: "Hunting of wild turkeys with dogs. Any person who hunts, pursues, captures or kills a wild turkey in this state with the aid of a dog at any time shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine of not less than $25.00 nor more than $50.00 for each offense." Title 9 CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES - Chapter 11 FISH, GAME AND WILDLIFE - Section 9-11-238 Hunting, etc., of wild turkeys with dogs.

Alabama has a fall season, and you can't use a dog, but the fine is reasonable enough: "Hunting of wild turkeys with dogs. Any person who hunts, pursues, captures or kills a wild turkey in this state with the aid of a dog at any time shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine of not less than $25.00 nor more than $50.00 for each offense."

Last edited by mrbb; 02-21-2021 at 06:32 AM.