HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big woods WMA and Parkers Branch VA
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 05:45 PM
Cicero
Spike

Default Big woods WMA and Parkers Branch VA

I have hunted with Dog clubs for years but many years ago. Now I prefer to still hunt. I have been hunting Big Woods WMA for the past 5 years and have never seen the disrespect of Hunters like the Dog Clubs now. Rules do not matter. They harass public hunters, block entry gates etc.
They have a serious attitude that every thing around there belongs to them. Plus there must be dozens of them, They pretty much demolish the area. Never seen anything like it before. What is especially annoying is one area called Parker's Branch. It is one section the Game Commission bought and issued new rules that NO DOGS allowed and no Deer shot with less than 4 points on one side as they are trying to build the area up. They have learned how to hunt the area. They will line hunters up along the borders and then run dogs right though the areas and shoot any size buck regardless of antler count. Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!.We caught a few dogs and were going to hold them, but thought otherwise about it because of the attitude they have. It could get dangerous. A number of us are getting a petition to send to the Wildlife commissioner and Attorney General. Folks it has become really bad. The area is already hunted out and they seem to have no plans but go full steeam ahead.
This does not stop them. Last week they were actually so defiant as to release dogs on the Property without any fear of Game management interfering. There seems to be no law enforcement. One Forrest Ranger is about it. from what we have seen. I will try and post later after we get the petition signed and sent to higher authority.

Last edited by Cicero; 12-21-2020 at 05:47 PM.