HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Savage trigger swap
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 01:43 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

I’ve not done this swap, so I’m speculating a bit about the design. As one example, Rifle Basix makes the Sav-1 which fits both accu and non-accu triggers. So “something” common can work.

I do know one reason the accu cannot go into a non is a relief cut in the receiver for the safety bar. Since the accu receiver would have this and the non trigger would not need it, that should be a one way stop sign, not an all way stop.

Equally, I do know folks have replaced non triggers with accu’s, so there is enough commonality that it can work - confirming the adaptability of the Rifle Basix Kit. I have heard many times, however, that the sear is different between the two - and have heard the sear is different between old and new vintages, such that might be a “maybe, maybe not,” more likely based on vintage than trigger type.

Personally, the triggers are cheap enough, I’d order some parts from ebay and start tinkering. But if you want an assured drop in, use an aftermarket option and confirm with the manufacturer it matches your type and vintage before ordering.