HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Manchurian Pheasants
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 01:04 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mrbb
again OT you show your true colors by trying KNOW what I know more than I do!
I know all about the price the GC can pay for land, and have for decades!
the FACT that farm land sold a LOT cheaper back in the 70's 80;'s and even early 90's (my hunting club in Northern PA< bought a mix of farm land and wooded land for under 300 an acre back in the early 90's as a FACT, and I know of many other land buys for like prices in PA and even less per acre in the 70's and 80's), so???)
and the FACT the PGC spendt tens many MILLIONS on raising pheasants!
if your saying a that much MONEY couldn;t have BOUGHT and Made PHEASANT HABIT YOUR nuts!
I also know exactly what FARM land sells for both in the past and present and has over the yrs in between
I have farmed , BOUGHT farm land, managed farms, are friends with countless frames all across the USA
your ignorance about what I know is amazing, yet you believe the crap you say about what I know or don't, ' with NO proof of anything to back up Anything you say about ME!
that makes YOU a FOOL!
your an EX warden that stands up for your GC without ever considering anything but what YOUR GC does and always assume its RIGHT!

if you think the PGC has NO authority it TRY and change anything being done today your also NUTS
as a FACT when game animal numbers are LOW< they have the authority to control limits or even STOP seasons!
rather than to deplete an animal from its existence in this state!

the PA GC dropped the ball on pheasants plain and simple, get off your HIGH horse and just ,admit t!
they offer ZERO real plan on how to make things work to restore SOME of the habitat that would have saved them!
and your 100% full if BS< if you think wooded land cannot be converted into FARM land, its been done all over the USA
its where MANY of ALL the farm in the northern part of PA came from, cleared forest MADE into farm land

and the ROOF is again on many of the northern game lands that the GC HAS made into Larger food plots and even have AG lands that support crops on them!
that they work with near by farmers to pl;ant and even allow harvest of them! (I know farmers personally that DO this with the PA GC)
you just don't like being wrong and cannot admit it

just like the rest of the GC that won't admit they screwed up pheasants and forest in PA due to over browsing let go for TOO long before noticing and doing something!

as if you THINK all the BRAINS and biologist and habitat developers and conservation depts, COULDN'T have come up with a better idea that PEN raised birds, you must me lacking some basic common sense!
that plan by the GC own admittance would EVER work, even YOU SAID SO!
All that pen raising pheasant program did was WASTE funds, something PAGC loves to complain about NOT having funds!
raising pheasants that wouldn't survive was a pointless game and in NO WAY Shape or form, A SOLUTION to the real PROBLEM!
and your saying the PAGC couldn;t have come up with a better SOLUTION in ALL the yrs they wasted on raising pheasant! or hire someone that could have!
or was it they didn;t care to try anything else??
again , plain and simple
they dropped the ball, and have nothing but BS for excuses!
Only one fool in this conversation and it is not me. Yes, I have know doubt that I know more than you do on the subject. 34 years working for the PGC is more Bona Fides than your thinking you know more than I do. Just keep deluding yourself . Now you bring deer into the picture, the subject is pheasants. Just shows how desperate you are to try to make your blathering right. It is not, it never will be. You may want to consider it was the know it all hunters who were responsible for lobbying the general assembly to prevent the PGC from cutting back the deer herd decades before a BOC had the guts to tell the General assembly where to go. No sense continuing this conversation and probably any conversation with you. You are hopeless. Feel free to have the last word, I know you will, but it will not make you correct in your assertions.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-02-2020 at 01:08 PM.