HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Manchurian Pheasants
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 06:25 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Lets not say 30% of the game lands are farm land, they are not. So far as failing to protect the pheasants, just how to you think they could have done that when the best pheasant habitat was on private property that the PGC has no control over. When farming changed the PGC had no ability to stop it, nor should they have had any.
well that again to me is an excuse and was NOT an attempt at any solution
and NEXT, I NEVER said that 30% of land was FARM LAND
I SAID< 30% of game lands could have been made INTO< pheasant habitat
even most MOUNTAINOUS lands today have food plots that were MADE , proving that the land space can be altered and been MADE into better habitat that could have supported, SOME pheasants, and lower lands and farm lands BOUGHT could have supported a LOT more!
and lets NOT forget the FACT that a TON of the farm land in PA< was ALL forested land, so its again proven, habitat can be made to support pheasants!

NEXT<> you say again the best land was private
WELL, again, WHY didn't the GC BUY some rather than wasting money on raising pheasants that only died> wasted funding, rather than investing in the future of the state

NEXT, you THINK< that the GC has NO power to fight anything that was wiping out a long time existing species in the state, ?? that is 100% BS< that IS there job to protect wild life in PA!
its the very basic of what the agency is about!
so failure to have saved the pheasants here is was something the GC failed at 100%
blame farming, farmers/farm practices and everything else but they NEVER say it was THERE FAULT AT ALL!
this is BS!

PA lost over 50 % of its farm land in the 90's, 50% of the farm lands, went UP FOR SALE
not to mention how m,any farms sold at CHEAPER prices in the 70's and 80's!

proving that LAND could have been BOUGHT rather than wasting funds on raising birds that did NOTHING to TRY to return the state to having wild pheasants again!
it was a total failure on the GC part, In a piss poor attempt to make money from lic sales and NOT offend hunters over SAVING the pheasants!
just like they let the deer rover browse the states entire forest and woodlands
TILL they were FORCED more or less to ACT, which only offend tons of hunters that cried about deer numbers
but the point was, IT HAD TO BE DONE , it was done for the good of the species and habitat!
happened IMO and many others WAY too late, which again to me is a example of the GC again failing to act before excessive damages have been done, as its a LONG time since the deer reduction numbers took place and MANY forests are still NOT returning to any GOOD habitat due to how far gone they were over browsed!

liek I said, some times the RIGHT thing to do, won't make hunters happy, but a DEPT that's JOB is to protect the wildlife and the habit it lives in, making friends and being popular and selling LIC, shouldn;t be the reason they let things happen

the PA< GC has some extremely powerful means at there disposal to stop and oppose about ANYTHING they wish to to do so!, there basically the HIGHEST law enforcement agency in PA< by the way they wrote things up from the get go!
SO I DON"T by any excuses you have stated or the GC either,
again I know you were a Game warden and I KNOW you will always defend the GC,
burt again, that doesn't mean it was RIGHT!
a hunting species in PAM< basically when extinct! and we the people of PA got excuses NOT any viable solutions!
them same farming practices happened in MANY other states that STILL have pheasants! this is a FACT!
and the MILLIONS PA GC spent again on raising non survivable pheasant could have BOUGHT land that could have supported a HEALTHY population of WILD pheasants in PA!
NO IF AND"S OR BUTT"S
money can do a LOT of things, , wasting it as the PA GC did, solved NOTHING!
there was ZERO LONG term planning with what they did and how they used ALL that money period!

Last edited by mrbb; 09-02-2020 at 06:34 AM.