HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It makes you wonder!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 05:34 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

In revisiting this thread this evening, I was reminded of the COUNTLESS other threads I have seen on forums like this, and emails, texts, and phone calls I have received over the last 20+ years asking whether reloading manual data for one bullet can be used for a different bullet of the same weight. I shake my head every time I see or hear such a question being asked, as it simply doesn’t suit to assume all bullets of a given weight are created equally - as I demonstrated in the preliminary test I described in my post above, even when the same exact bullet brand, model, and weight is used, the results between different loads can be remarkable. So how are we really to assume it’s truly safe to advise unwitting and inexperienced reloaders (inevitably the ones asking these questions) to cross-apply data for one bullet onto another? I’m an incurable teacher, and firmly believe knowledge should be shared, but I have to admit, if someone is asking these particular questions regarding transference of load data among various bullets, they truly are not ready for the answer, and need to be mentored to understand as much before the knowledge is passed.