HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So what if??
Thread: So what if??
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 07:25 AM
cr422
Nontypical Buck

Well, still here waiting to go home. I'm finished with what I came here to do, but I have to wait for the guys who are my ticket to squeeze back into the country.

I can't believe what is going on here. These liberals are going to tear the country apart. The lack of respect for the law and the rights of other citizens is appalling. But even more appalling is the fact that our elected officials are doing nothing to enforce respect for the law and the rights of all citizens. I still think Trump should send in the troops to restore order. Eisenhauer sent the 101st Airborne into Little Rock in 1957 to integrate the high school there. I firmly believe that if Trump were to send in the military to restore order, he would win by an incredible landslide. Nobody wants to see police brutality. But do people want a country run by Black Lives Matter?

I also don't understand the resistance to masks. The prefecture in which we live, Osaka prefecture, (a prefecture is the equivalent of a state) has a population of about 8.8 million. The state of Michigan where we used to live, and where I am right now, has a population of about 9.9 million. Deaths from the virus in Michigan? About 6,000. Deaths in Osaka prefecture? As of today, 86. Been that way for a week now. Tokyo prefecture is about 325. I'm talking about the prefectures, not the cities. The population of Osaka city is only about 2 million. So are East Asians somehow immune? No! Everyone in Japan wears a mask and has since this virus popped up. (And don't repeat that nonsense about people here wearing masks because of air pollution. The air here is no different than the U.S.) Sachiko travels back and forth to the campus by bus or train. She will tell you that you will not see anyone who is not wearing a mask. Period. (She takes the bus if it's raining because it's closer. The train is farther, but it's gets here there faster.

Deaths in all of Japan is about 980 or so. The population of Japan is about 126 million so you have to multiply that by three to compare to the U.S. So that gives you over 100,000 deaths in the U.S. versus less that 3,000 in Japan on a comparative basis.

Don't take my word for these numbers. Log on to www.nippon.com/en. It's news about Japan for people who don't speak Japanese. They publish the cases/deaths by prefecture every day. (For those who remember "The Karate Kid," there is a miyagi prefecture.)

I just got a text to get my *** to Chicago this afternoon. So this may be my last chance to spread BS on this site. So remember to vote Republican, but not for Mitt Romney of course.

The rental car I'm driving is a KIA, but it was built in the U.S.