HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cellular Camera
Thread: Cellular Camera
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 07:17 AM
SportsmanNH
Fork Horn

BHC , I dont know who Mike is , but Anthony is the owner of Ridgetec. He is also the owner of ChasinGame . Great guy. He used to do unbiased testing of every camera on the market to expose the truth or falsehoods about the bullet points manufactures were claiming about their cameras. He would do that every year on all the new models. Test them for FOV , picture and video speed , recovery speed , clarity both night and day pics and videos , battery life etc . He did not sell cameras on ChasinGame.com at that time. The archives are still there. TrailCamPro who are also a bunch of good guys who I have spoke to many times ( Charles , John , Nick ) test cameras ,but they are in the business of selling cameras. Their testing tends to highlight the good stuff about a camera model , but brush off any negativity.. An example is if a camera takes FOREVER to recover before its ready for the next pic , they might call the recovery time " just slightly longer than average but acceptable ".

He owned a software company that made programs for the financial industry and accounting industry. Very smart guy. He also wrote the program for Scouting Assistant that logs and saves all the pictures you want to save and keeps track of locations time and date automatically for people that want to pattern the movement of a certain buck.
Then he was hired to not only write the software for Spartan Cameras , but also for their online portal where the pictures are sent to from the camera, and then sent to your phone.
Then Anthony got an opportunity to start Ridgetec with some guys that owned Uway Canada . Uway cameras are no longer made. I own 7 of them and in my opinion they were some of the best cameras made for their time. I have had 4 of them on the same trees working 24/7 since 2012 and still work perfectly. They are not cellular cams.
The 2 best models were the U250B and the VH400B , both low glow cameras.
Anthony took it from there and created Ridgetec . He created his own camera and program. I have no doubt that it is one of the best cell cams out there.
And he is always there on ChasinGame to help with any issues working the camera.

On another note , I would never buy a Covert camera. The Prostaff there have been known for doctoring up their pics to make it look like they are much better quality than it really is.Quite a while back they had a leaking camera problem. The first thing they wanted to blame it on was the user. The real problem was their flimsy cheapo camera case. It would warp in the sun because there was no structural integrity. They didn't have a reinforcement ring where the camera snapped together. Their case looked like what would happen if you cut a milk gallon jug in half and keft the bottom half out in the sun. The plastic would warp any way it felt like it from expansion and contraction.
I doubt its like that now , but still left a sour note when when wanted to blame the user claiming they were putting the straps to tight to the tree.
We had a war against the Covert pro staffers on ChasinGame. Even though those pro staffers are long gone , I will never for any price buy a Covert cam.