HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buck Pictures
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 10:39 AM
lhook7

Default RE: Buck Pictures

Hey Tazman,

Not much of a story to this buck; its more of a story of work infringing on my hunting. I had taken 2 weeks vacation which was to end on 12/8/03, and my goal was to take a buck with at least 10 points and greater than a 16" spread. I kept getting phone calls and voice mails and could tell things were starting to pile up. I was spending about 2 hours each day on the cell phone, so on 11/29 I decided I was going to take the next nice eight point I saw and get back to the office.

The evening of 11/30 this buck came out chasing a doe; his right side was facing me and I thought he looked pretty good. He looked directly at my stand and I saw he was wide, but I couldn't tell he didn't have a left G-3. I shot him at about 185 yards and he dropped in his tracks. I called my boss at home from my stand and told him I had dropped a nice eight point and I would be back in the office on Tuesday. I got out of the blind and when I got to the deer i saw he was anly a seven; I thought about calling my boss back and telling him I was not going to be in on Tuesday, but decided I better get back.

As far as seven points go, I'm very happy with this buck. He is the biggest seven I have ever seen; I think I'm going to try to do a European mount with him. I'm going out two more times this month and am hoping to get my ten or better on those trips.