HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Want to Start Duck Hunting...
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 07:16 AM
jnicholes
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MatiasMyles
Hey guys and gals, I want to get into duck hunting this coming fall but I don't really know where to start. I'm planning on buying a Benneli Supernova 12 gauge for my gun, but I'm not exactly sure what other equipment/brands are needed or good. Any tips and advice is welcome and appreciated!! I am an experienced deer and coyote hunter, and I've shot trap before so it's not like I'm completely new to the hunting/guns/outdoor life. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the wonderful world of duck hunting! I'm a little bit of a beginner myself, but I can help you out as much as I can. The other people that have posted here have given great advice so far. Here is my advice. First, you need to learn how to identify the Ducks. Each duck has a different limit depending on the species. I would look up the regulations for your area, and see what they have to say. For example, where I live, you can take 7 mallards a day, but no more than two can be hens.

Second, you need to learn how to call ducks. I am mainly a goose hunter, and even then I am still learning to call them.

It takes time to learn to call.

You need some decoys to fool the ducks to go with the calling.

Well, that's all the advice I have to give at the moment. Good luck! Let us know if you need any help or advice.

Jared