HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk hunting value?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 08:10 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mthusker
So many folks are really ignorant of the challenges that most ranchers face in their every day way of life. So many people see shows like "Yellowstone" on tv and think all ranchers are made of money. Truth be told, many I know here in Montana are 4th, 5th or more generation ranchers who struggle to maintain the family ranch. You have a monopoly of beef packers who control the market, you have foreign cattle shipped into the U.S., with no country of origin labeling, you have property taxes, blizzards, droughts, floods, grass fires, ect....it is not an easy way of life. I have no trouble leasing hunting rights for myself and freinds and family. It is something I choose to do, and luckily, am able to do. Why someone feels the need to change the subject of my thread is beyond me, if that person is so concerned about whether or not to lease land for hunting, start your own thread. Thanks.
also food dor thought here
many farmers like ranchers can very easy be land RICH and money poor, barely paying the bills to keep the lands they have!

most folks DON"T get this either
they see big spreads and think owners must have money to burn
and its not true more times than it is from my experience working on and helping on farms over my life time!
about only time many farmers ranchers have any cash , is IF they sell the property and many still be broke as they owe more than its worth in a sale!