HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk hunting value?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 08:07 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

quite honestly , since most all lands in most states are private over public
to say, its NOT fair for land owners to get any deer permits from the sate is rather silly
all the more so, when folks that say live in TEXAS< where there is almost ZERO public land to hunt freely!
what would all the private land owners do then, if they couldn;'t control things on THERE LANDS!
and don't forget, that MOST all private lands are NOT high fenced in in MOST states(tx might be one of the few that have so many that are)

so no fence, the game can legally leave one person's property and walk onto state and federal lands OPEN to the public
the problem
tends to be, that many state and public lands SUCK< they have poor habitat/foods, and are many times way over pressured!
thus pushing game OFF the state PUBLIC lands into PRIVATE lands, and then ding crop damage or STAYING on the private lands which are then, causing land owners more problems
so your back to trying to force someone that PAID for something to open it up to the public, and that is 100% wrong!
its not written any where that everyone should have access to PRIME lands or private lands, and it is just life,
not everyone gets a cookie some times!
and don;'t forget that if farmers and such DIDN'T farm and grow the foods they have, odds are there wouldn;t be the game there IS on lands bordering them as I am sure many animals venture onto private lands to EAT, HIDE from hunters and , costs land owners $$ while there there
if you want land owners to NOT get permits and such, , you better GET all the game OFF there lands and fence things OFF from game entering them then, other wise, land owners have every right hunt and manage THERE lands with help from the state! and profit from there lands if it happens!

In life, those with means, tend to get ahead of those without, its the nature of the beast !
that doesn't mean those with means shouldn't;t also have the same rights as others that don't,!

as said many times on many forums
if you DON"T own land, you have 3 options, BUY your own, (rent lease)
or hunt public land,s
OR become friends with those that DO own lands!

I know over my life time I developed lots of friendships in many states that have me access to private lands for FREE(well minus again I never show up empty handed, , they never ask, I just feel its teh right thing to do, to so appreciation for what they give me)

anyone that doesn't like the above three , well sorry that's LIFE!