HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need a custom stock
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 12:51 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Outdoorlivin
Hello, I recently purchased an over under collectable shotgun. The model is IJ-27 it is a USSR made shotgun but imported to the states by Baikal. Made in 1974 and the metal is in very good condition never shot. However the wood is in very bad condition. Does anyone know any custom shops that can make me a stock? Money is not an issue. Just want a good quality job. Thanks- Outdoorlivin.

P.S.- there are new models of this gun but the stocks are different thats why I need a custom made one.

I have never heard of Baikal shotguns being collectible, they are more of a utilitarian shotgun. I would not go overboard on the grade of wood that you buy to restock the gun. I am not knocking the gun, just don't want to see you spend more than necessary for a gun that most likely not going to return your expenditure. You would probably be better off by buying a semi inletted stock from a place like Boyd's and doing the job yourself if capable of paying a stocker to do it for you. Wood can get real expensive real fast depending on how it is figured.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 04-09-2020 at 12:56 PM.